Use this guide to quickly create and publish your first website.
From the sidebar you can
- Add Content
- Edit Theme
- Edit Pages
- Manage Settings
Blocks & Adding Content
- Click Add Content to begin adding block to your page. (The most commonly used blocks are located under the Popular tab.)
- Once you find the block you want to use, just drag it onto your page.
Moving and Deleting Blocks
- Hover on block until the blue outline pops up
- Move the block up and down
- Change the color of the block
- Delete the block
Images & Text
- Once you have a text block in place, click the placeholder text to type in your own.
- Use the the formatting tools to change font, style, color and more.
Changing an Image in a Block
- Double-click the placeholder image in an image block to launch the image editor.
- Click Select A Different Image to search the stock image library or select "My Images" if you want to upload your own images.
- Use the blue handles on the outside of the image to crop it to the area you want to display on your site.
- Click Save Changes when you're done.
Changing a Background Image
- Hover on a block with background image to show options.
- Click Change Background Image to search from stock or add your own images, just like working with an image block.
- Click the trash icon at the bottom if you want to delete the background image completely. (The trash icon at the top of the block will delete the entire block.)
Editing the Theme
Click Edit Theme to expand your theme options.
- The header and footer are special blocks that appear on all pages at the top and bottom of the site.
- The you can change your site's colors by clicking Color Sets. Use the provided colors sets or create your own with custom colors.
- Font Pairings apply to fonts across the whole website. You can still change some fonts within individual blocks.
- Click Button Style to customize how all buttons appear on your website.
- Under Page Style you can set your site at fixed width or full width, as well as add a site background.
To add more pages go to Edit Page > Add Page. This will give you the option to add a new blank website page, an external page, or default pages like a blog or an online store.
Reorder pages to by clicking the handle to the left of the page title and dragging it up and down.
Click the gear icon to the right of the page title to
- rename the page
- hide the page from your navigation (the page will still appear on your webiste, just not in the main menu)
- configure SEO settings
- delete the page
To change the page you're editing click the shortcut at the top right of the builder.
Preview & Publish
Clicking Publish means your site will go live on the Internet.
You will be prompted to setup a domain name at this stage.
Click Preview to see how your site will look like to others.
To switch between different device previews, hover on the screen icon at the top to see how your site will look when viewed on a computer, a tablet or a mobile phone.
If you are satisfied with the preview click Publish, or click Back to Editor if you want to continue making changes. Edits are automatically saved every few seconds.