"How do I change site name or add meta tags to my site?"
Once you create your site, one of the first things you will want to do is review and update your Site Settings. On your Site Settings page, you can set your name and site title. You can also add Google Webmaster Tools and your Google Analytics code.
You can reach Site Settings from your website dashboard (Dashboard > Site Settings if you are accessing it from the Builder).
IMPORTANT: When making any updates to your Site Settings, be sure to click the blue Save Site Settings button at the very bottom of the page, or your changes will not be recognized.
Your Name and Site Title
Site Title is what visitors will see when your site appears in search engine results.
NOTE: When changing your Site Title, as well as updating any meta-information or content on your site, it will not be updated in search engines right away. It may take awhile for your new information to be indexed depending on the search provider.
With Mobile Website turned on, visitors will see an optimized version of your site if they visit from a mobile device.
Site Description and Keywords
Optimize your site for search engines by adding a Site Description and Site Tags/Keywords to tell search engines what your site is about.
Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics
Google Webmaster Tools provides you with detailed reports about your site visibility on Google. To get started, go to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/. After signing up, you will receive a verification code which you can paste in this field.
How do I add Google Webmaster Tools to my site?
Google Webmaster Tools provides you with detailed reports about your viability on Google. You will need to verify your site with Google in order to use them.
- To get started, go to http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/.
- Enter your site address.
- You will be given two ways to verify your ownership of your site. Choose Alternate methods.
- Select the "HTML tag" option.
- You will be provided with a verification code.
- Copy this code and paste it in "Google Webmaster Tools" area on the Site Settings page. Click Save Site Settings.
- Return to the Google Webmaster Tools page and click Verify. You will see a message that says "Congratulations, you have successfully verified your ownership!"
How do I add Google Analytics to my account?
- Retrieve the analytics code using your analytics account with Google.
- In your account, click Dashboard, then Settings on the left.
- Paste the analytics code snippet in the Google Analytics field at the bottom of the Site Settings page.
- Click Save Site Settings.
How do I add meta tags or keywords to a specific page of my site?
The "Page Settings" button is located in the upper-right corner of the Builder just under the green Publish button. It looks like a gear or a sprocket.
From the Page Settings menu, you can perform a number of tasks, including renaming your page, hiding a page from your main navigation menu, and changing your page layout.
The MetaTags/Description option allows you to edit meta data for a page to influence how it will appear in searches. To enable custom tags for individual pages, you must have a Premium Package associated with the site.